Monday, May 16, 2011

Listen

Today’s Road Trip Wednesday question from YA Highway: If you got to choose a celebrity narrator for the audio book of your WIP or your favorite novel, who would it be and why?
This is interesting since I’ve recently fallen in love with audiobooks (specifically White Cat by Holly Black). Now knowing how powerful (and convenient) audiobooks can be, picking a narrator for my WIP, The Rose of Coracus, would be tough. The book is told from both a male and female perspective…would I want a male or female narrator? I’m leaning towards female, since I originally wrote the manuscript just from Shayna’s point of view and still feel a very strong connection to her. It is her story. So I’d want a female narrator with a young(ish), enthusiastic, musical voice. Perhaps someone with a slight enough accent that Shayna’s Hilla ethnicity comes through. I’ll admit, though, that I’m not up enough on celebrities to pick one out myself…suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. What kind of accent does she have? The girl who played Ashleigh on Greek has a nice voice, sort of musical, maybe? I don't know if she sounds super young, though:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Be96dspj-k

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Amy Adams' voice, and it's definitely young(ish) and musical. :)

    ReplyDelete