Monday, June 27, 2011

Best of 2011…So Far


Today Amazon announced their “Best of 2011 So Far” books. Check out the picture book, middle grade, and teen lists. What a great collection! I’m happy to say that my boss’s book, When I Grow Up written by Al Yankovic and illustrated by Wes Hargis, and a team member’s book, Divergent by Veronica Roth, made the list! Yay! They’re both spectacular books.

I’ve already read Press Here by Hervé Tullet and Little White Rabbit by Kevin Henkes (have you seen the fantastic app for Nook?), The Emerald Atlas by John Stephens (review here), and  Delirium by Lauren Oliver (review here)…

…but this list is a great reminder that I’ve been meaning to check out The Loud Book! By Deborah Underwood (I loved The Quiet Book), Okay for Now by Gary Schmidt (everyone tells me it’s fantastic), The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs, Where She Went by Gayle Forman (and for that matter, If I Stay), Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Septeys and a slew of others.

I need to stop reading book lists…they always make me add so many books to my to-be-read pile!

Are there any books that you feel Amazon left off the list? What have been your favorite books of 2011?




No comments:

Post a Comment