Today’s RTW question from YA Highway is: The house is on fire and you've only got time to grab five things. What are they?
1. Computer/external hard drive. My life (literally) is on here: photos from the past six or so years (easy to print and replace the ones I’d lose since older photos aren’t at my apartment), WIPs and future story ideas, old classwork, important passwords, everything.
2. A necklace. A special piece of jewelry I’d be very upset about losing.
3. Purse. Because who wants to deal with replacing a driver’s license, credit cards, etc.? And since my bag is similar to Mary Poppins’ in all likelihood I’d have everything I need to get through the next few days: phone, snacks, a book, tissues, lip gloss, band aids, gum, pens, notebook, IPod, camera, umbrella, sunglasses, map of NYC. (Maybe I should clean out my purse…)
4. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. To make me feel better.
5. Kitchenaid Mixer. Since this is hypothetical, I’ll pretend that I could run out of a burning building carrying this. I waited so long to get a mixer, I wouldn’t want to lose it. I need something to make all my delicious treats with!
Since I highly doubt this would all actually come with me if my apartment burnt down…neighbors, please be careful! What would you want to grab?