Wednesday, June 1, 2011

In the Name of Research

Today’s Road Trip Wednesday question from YA Highway: What is the strangest/weirdest thing you've ever researched?
I hate to take the easy way out, but it’s that kind of week. I covered this topic several months ago. Attending a Medieval Festival was definitely the weirdest thing I’ve done in the name of research! Since then, there are some new things that I need to put on the to-be-researched list: dancing (I might attend a contra dance), horses, and historical dress making techniques. These aren’t quite run of the mill interests, but I know I will definitely have a lot of fun learning more about them!

6 comments:

  1. I posted one too! Such a good topic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to a Medieval festival as a kid and thought it was so strange. I remember wanting to get a chicken leg and eat it like they did in the Disney movies, but she wouldn't let me.

    Learning about horses sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never made it to the Renaissance fest by my hometown, but I did let my sister practice swordfighting with me (she was a regular). I think dress-making would be awesome research.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I go to Medieval Times in Orlando almost every year. Never gets old. And we used to have the coolest Renaissance fair near where I went to college. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to a Renaissance Festival with my GT class in junior high, but there were all these "shoppes" selling period articles like... canvas sky chairs and glass pipes.

    Anyway. The dance adventure and dress making sound fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to participate in Ren Faires--heaven for nerds and geeks like myself. Also, way more sex, alcohol, and drugs available to teens there than most parents suspected. Kind of like band camp . . .

    ReplyDelete