Friday, July 22, 2011

A Necessary Step


The Little Engine That Could miniThis week has been about what (nearly) every author experiences and what (nearly) every author hates*: rejections. It’s part of the process and not at all fun. But hey, even famous authors and celebrities are rejected at some point in their career. I put myself out there; I talked about my writing with people in the industry who matter. That’s moving in the right direction. As of now I think I’m going to take a step back and revise more before sending out additional query letters. *Chug chug chug up the big mountain*

*Unless you’re Kathryn Stockett (The Help) who was so aware that rejection letters were part of the publication process that she was jubilant when she received her first couple (not so much after 40 or so…). 

No comments:

Post a Comment